Is there anyway to download a mecurial repo

Caesoose July 12, 2022

I'm in a bit of pickle.

I've been travelling for the last few years, and on getting back it appears as though a game I worked on years ago is now doing well. So, wanting to go back and update it a bit to say thank you to all of the players, I've found that the repo is gone on my bitbucket account as it was mercurial. (the manual backup I did was far too old to be usable).

I can see that the repo "technically" exists under my account - my workspace has like 13 projects, of which only 1 of them is accessible (as it's the only one that was using Git), but as I don't pay for support I have no way to contact customer service to get them.

Is there anyway for me to do this? Or will I have to chalk it up and pay to get access to support?

Thanks for any answers

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Patrik S

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events