Is there any way to block only allowed IP Address can Access BitBucket Repo

jishadp369 December 1, 2015

I am working on a web application project and keep all the files in bit-bucket repository with my colleagues in office.

Is there any way to limit he access of repository only on my office. ?

2 answers

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2015

If this is for Bitbucket Server (where you're hosting yourself), then you could do this at the Tomcat level or add a reverse proxy to restrict access.

For Tomcat you could add the following in the <Engine> block of your server.xml:

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve" allow="10\.10\.10\.2|10\.10\.10\.3|192\.168\.1\.\d+"/>

This will only allow requests from 10.10.10.2, 10.10.10.3, and everything in the 192.168.1.x range.

Vitus Pesch February 23, 2018

So how we do this now that in Bitbucket 5.x the server.xml got merged into bitbucket.properties?

Like Adrian Boldor likes this
Adrian Boldor July 17, 2019

Yeah would like to be able to do this in the current version, unfortunately haven't found anything in bitbucket.properties documentation

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2015

Hello,

currently you can't do that at Bitbucket level. There's an open feature for this purpose (https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/3717/limiting-repo-access-by-ip-address-bb-3715). 

Btw, if you need to limit access to whole Bitbucket, you can setup your network so that Bitbucket can be reached just using internal network. That's all.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events