Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to highlight a commit hash?

J Taylor July 11, 2017

When I find the page for a commit I'm interested in I want to highlight the hash so I can copy it and paste it into a terminal. It's a link though so you can't highlight it properly it just drags.

When you hover over it the full thing appears just below but you can't highlight that because it disappears when you take your mouse off the link. It seems like Atlassian is playing a cruel joke.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

You should be able to highlight the commit id and copy it, even if it is a link. Maybe your browser has a plugin or something that is causing an issue? Can you try it in another browser?

J Taylor July 11, 2017

It's just as bad in Chrome. You can highlight it if you click at exactly the right place but if you click slightly to the right you follow the link instead and it's hard to get it right.

The link just links back to the page I was already on

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Works for me but I can see why it might be little tricky clicking on the right place. Little things that can be frustrating :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events