Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to provide a user with PROJECT_CREATE without granting them the delete permission on that repository?

Dimitri Koussa September 5, 2013

I would like to allow stash users to create new repositories in any project. But I do not want them to be able to delete any repositories including ones they have created themselves. I've had a look at all the permissions pages but I just can't figure it out.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do this?

Edit: I've raised a feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3839

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

Hi Dimitiri,

I'm afraid that isn't possible at the moment. If you grant PROJECT_CREATE the user will be granted PROJECT_ADMIN for any project they create. At that point they will be able to remove any repositories that are created in that project. I'm assuming you want something similar, but at the repository level?

You might be interested in the following feature request, which you may want to vote for:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3406

Cheers,

Charles

PS. Just to clarify - with the project create permission a user won't be able to delete repositories in other projects, but I'm assuming that's not what you're worried about?

Dimitri Koussa September 8, 2013

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my question.

What I want is a user to have PROJECT_CREATE but then not be automatically granted PROJECT_ADMIN on that project/repository they just created.

I've clarified my question to reflect this.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

Hi Dimitri,

Who would be the admin of that project then? Would it fall back to the global admins/sysadmins?

Just out of curiosity would having repository creation rights inside a project(s) be enough? That's really what the above issue is about, and something I see being useful (at least for us).

Cheers,

Charles

Dimitri Koussa September 8, 2013

I was thinking that whichever user or group has Admin of that project would be considered the admin. We don't plan on creating new Projects only new Repositories so we've already configured permissions.

The above JIRA sounds like it would help as long as a user creating a repository in a project that they do not own does not grant them the Admin permission on that Repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events