Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to merge code to protected master branch directly

A August 28, 2020

Bitbucket have the way to protected branches, but it accept only one way to merge via pull request.

It should fine except if it has code conflict and cannot fix by itslef. It needs to creat a temporary branch that checkout form master then merge develop branch. Then fix conflict and pull request again from this branch.

I have 2 path

features to develop

develop to master

That's mean we do twice and always got a conflict

Anyone please suggest to me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2020

Hello,

If an administrator of the repository has set up a branch permission for master that allows users to only merge via pull request (and no one pushing directly to the branch), then this is the only way that users can merge to master.

If you would like to be able to push directly to master, you will need to speak with one of the administrators of the repository, and ask them if they could allow your Bitbucket user to push directly to master branch.

It is possible to specify in the branch restrictions that certain users can push directly to master branch, but this will need to be set by one of the repo admins.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events