Is there a way to get Fisheye to skip a particular revision?

Rob Wiskow July 7, 2011

We have a rather large codebase in a svn repository, and one of our developers made the mistake of copying the entire repo into a branch (rather than just the trunk). He immediately deleted the branch, but this still means that Fisheye is trying to index the changeset. It's been > 24 hours and it's still working on the changeset. Is there anything I can do to tell fisheye to not bother with that?

I could add an Exclude Path, but wouldn't that force a full reindex of the repo?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mstudman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2011

You can tell Fisheye to start indexing from a particular revision but you can't tell it to skip a particular revision.

An Exclude Path is the least invasive way around this, I think. But yes, it will require a reindex.

Another way (just as time consuming because of the full index but fixes the problem for good) is to strip the revision history from your repo relating to the parts of this branch that were accidentally created. You would achieve this via svnadmin and svndumpfilter.

Sorry there aren't better options for you.

0 votes
Adam Sedillo-Glatt March 17, 2017

Here is a workaround for at least one case.  If a perforce changelist is missing, you can decrease the block size to exactly 1.  For some reason Fisheye can make it past the missing changelist number.  Then once it makes it past the offending changelist you can increase the block size again back to it's normal value.

To reduce load on perforce and/or find which is the offending changelist, just cut the block size in half until you are down to about 10.  At that point you can just run the "p4 describe -dn CHANGELIST" command on the remaining 10 changelists to figure out which one offends.

0 votes
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2013

See this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-626

Please vote on the issue and add yourself as a Watcher to be notified of its progress. For reference, our policy on how new features are implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events