Is there a way to create a "Sub Account"?

dancebody July 29, 2016

I have an account but I want to open that access to an outsourced developer. Can I create a sub account, underneath mine that will allow him access but I maintain the account?

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 vote
DrSnigglypoof
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2016

The simplest way to do this is to set up a team, transfer the repository to a team, then add the user to your Bitbucket team. You could also create a user yourself, add that user to your team, and then give the developer the login credentials. Either way you'll have a team you can now use to manage users and repositories.

Happy coding,

Dan

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2016

As Dan suggests, the preferred way of collaborating it through team accounts.

However, if you're ready do that just yet and relocating your repos, you can instead just give the other user read or write access to your individual repo (repo -> Settings -> Access management).

If that is not at all your question and instead you want the other person to have some level of access on your account (as opposed to your repos), then that would not be possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events