Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there HELM chart for bitbucket?

Assaf Katz January 11, 2018

Hi,

I want to install GIT in production (probaly bitbucket) outside k8s. But we want to test it internally so installation inside k8s by HELM will be simpler. For this we need HELM chart but I cannot find such one (only for gitlab).

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

You'll probably want to start by giving a little bit of an idea of what Helm and k8s are.

Assaf Katz January 11, 2018

I assumed that who will be able to answer know it, but no problem :-)

kubernetes (k8s) is containers orchestrator and helm is its pacakage manager. A chart is a collection of files that describe a related set of Kubernetes resources. 

Like wynndrahorad likes this
Sebastien Tolron November 16, 2018

Hi Assaf , Have you managed to do one chart for deploying bitbucket on k8s ?

Just using this : https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bitbucket-server/ would be easy I think.

I can do one also . Let me know

Regards

Sébastien

Assaf Katz November 17, 2018

Hi,

This isn't really helpful, I can write HELM chart, but without offical support for it, Amdocs perfers to pick another GIT server. Espically since we won't be able to really use the benefit of Bitbucket without such support (CI docker plugin will be hard to configure for exmaple).

Thanks,

Assaf

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2018

Choosing another server just because Bitbucket doesn't do one obscure thing that most people haven't even heard of, and even more don't care about, seems a little odd to me.

I'd think about writing an App to do it, if it's that important to you.

Assaf Katz November 18, 2018

Hi,
The main problem here isn't the feature that BitBucket doesn't work, but the fact that we must have support for production environment (and this request is for production environment).
Thanks,
Assaf

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events