Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the storage limit per repository? or in total?

Jojo July 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Storage policy for Git LFS Beta with Bitbucket

Basically I wanted to know that. I make games, and using it for 3D files might be really useful, but generally 5gb it's not much in 3D.

1 answer

1 vote
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2016

Hi Joao,

Storage allocation is based on size of your user plan. See here for a breakdown: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Storage+policy+for+Git+LFS+Beta+with+Bitbucket

Jojo July 19, 2016

Yeah I understand, but since a repository already has 2GB in the free version for free, maybe the storage was per repository, based on the user plan instead of total, based on the user plan

Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2016

Got it. Indeed, LFS storage is separate from regular repository storage.

Jojo July 19, 2016

Gotcha, Thanks!

Kristian Erikson August 23, 2016

Eahm... Sorry but I feel this question was not answered and I have the same question. I realize that the LFS storage is based on the user plan but is this per repo or for all repos?

We have a lot of repos we would like to move, and we would like to move to BitBucket. We would like to go for the 25 User plan, but 12,5 GB will probably not be enough if that 12,5 GB is for all our repos.

So again... are the limits per repo - or for all repos?

Damian Turnbull September 13, 2016

We're a small 2-man game dev team and the current limitations for the 1 - 5 user plan is too stringent for LFS to be of any use to us sadly.

We can't even upload a 2GB library of smaller 3D assets.

I really hope these limitations are increased when the Git LFS goes GA.  I'm also hoping that the limits are applied per repo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events