Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is synchronization possible between two different repo?

Humbal Shahi December 6, 2014

I tried to synchronize my repo with another friend's repo. I google out and also tried to use "Transfer" option provided by the Bitbucket. But this option will totally transfer code to new source which I don't want.

I too have attached image which will clarify my question.bitbucket_question.jpg

So my question, is it possible to Sync Repo1 and Repo 2 automatically when any one of the repo is updated? 

4 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

As far as I know, there is no way to do this automatically. if you had a user who set up both Bitbucket repos as remotes of the same local repo, he could keep them in sync by pulling/pushing as necessary.

Sounds like you're trying to get around Bitbucket's user limit on free accounts.

0 votes
Humbal Shahi December 8, 2014

These are Git repos. Owner A and Owner B has created different Bitbucket Id. Under those Ids, Repo1 and Repo2 repos are created.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Are these Git or Mercurial (Hg) repos? Do either of them have the Bitbucket repository set as a remote (or are they both Bitbucket repositories themselves?)

0 votes
Justin Justin December 6, 2014

Nice diagram. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events