Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is migrating a 2TB Unreal game project to Bitbucket feasible/advisable?

joshmaida June 17, 2020

I'm generally aware of the differences between centralized source control (Perforce, SVN) and decentralized source control (GIT) but all of the topics I've found consider 1GB to be large projects. Is a 2TB project even worth glancing at BB?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2020

Hi @joshmaida

The maximum repository size for Bitbucket is 2GB, so if your repositories are bigger than that you won't be able to import them.

Also, it's worth noting that DVCS systems are not good candidates for storing binary files or executables. For binary or executable storage we recommend you to enable LFS (Large File Storage), you can learn more at Git Large File Storage and Storage policy for Git LFS. Alternatively, you can look into file hosting services  such as DropBox, rsync, rsnapshot, rdiff-backup, and so forth.

For more info you can read What kind of limits do you have on repository/file/upload size?

I hope this gives you a good overview. If you have any questions, please let us know!

Best regards,

Ana

joshmaida June 19, 2020

This is helpful. A couple more questions. :)

Does Bitbucket Self-Hosted have the same 2GB limit?

And with LFS is 2TB still too large to manage?

Thanks Ana!

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Bitbucket Server does not have the same size limitation of Bitbucket Cloud since it is self-hosted.

2TB can be managed via Git LFS but it might not be the best solution depending on your needs and average file size.

joshmaida June 23, 2020

Good to know. Thanks Tyler! Thanks team.

Best,

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events