Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it the license restriction for local Bitbucket server same as Bitbucket cloud ?

wn_dhiren April 26, 2017

Hi! 

I just installed Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence server of 10 user license on my own VPS server.  As my experience on bitbucket cloud server that I can create an unlimited project and can add 5  users on each project. 

Here my question is for the local Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence server is it possible to add more than 10 users on each server and can assign till 10 users on each project?

Thanks,

Dhiren

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2017

Hi Dhiren, I think there's some confusion here. If you're in the free plan you can grant access to your repos to a maximum of 5 users; as soon as a user can access at least one of your repositories it will take a seat from those 5 free users you can have. It doesn't matter if they have access to all of your repos/projects or only one of them. 

Regarding JIRA and Confluence, if you have a 10 users license for JIRA you can create a maximum of 10 users within your JIRA instance. A user can access as many projects as needed, the only thing that counts is the number of people that can log in to your instance. If you have 5 different projects and want to add 10 different users to each project, you'll need to purchase a 50 users license, as you'll need 50 people logging in to your site. 

I hope this clarifies your question, Dhiren!

Cheers,

Ana

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

If you have a 10 user licence for a service, then you can have up to 10 active users on that service.

wn_dhiren April 26, 2017

Since I've 10 users license, is it possible to add 50 users to 5 different projects on Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events