Is it possible to setup a read-only mirror for Stash?

Ravi Nair July 24, 2014

We have several (100s, set to grow as more are migrated from SVN) developers constantly pushing/pulling to/from Stash. On top of this, we have more than 500 plans that have various triggers, most of them poll the repository for changes every minute. This occassionally causes resource issues on the Stash server until the queue of scm tasks is flushed out.

I worked in other orgs in the past that had a Perforce setup with two servers : one main server where devs pushed their changes, and a read-only mirror server that the build servers pointed to, to prevent any resource issues on the main server. Is this scenario possible with Stash?

1 answer

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

You have two options:

1. There are some plugins available for mirroring content to another server. All of these work on the source server and automatically push incoming changes to the mirror. (i.e. they produce some load on your Stash instance, but obviously much less than several jobs pulling changes in parallel.)
  2. You can set up an external job (cron, windows task scheduler, or anything similar; I have it in TeamCity) that pulls changes from your Stash server and pushes them to another remote. [I only use this option because I am mirroring stuff from an external place to our Stash, but for you, probably the other option is better.]

In both cases, you can use a simple network share or a bare-bones Git server (e.g. GitStack) for hosting the mirrors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events