Is it possible to prevent forked repos defaulting their pull requests pointing to the original?

Jake Winters January 12, 2018

I'm working on a project that will soon require a lot of separate repos all based off of an initial structure. I've already made a "base" repo with the correct structure and tools and now I simply need to fork it, add in the new repo-specific development. I can then simply pull from the upstream repo to update tools and such.

The issue is with Pull Requests. On this forked repo, when I create a pull request, it defaults the repo to the original repo and not this new repo. How do I either have this default to the new repo or how do I stop the original repo from accepting PRs from forks?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2018

Hi Jake! I found a similar question in Community which I think can help you, I'd recommend having a look at the responses from Roger Barnes on this thread When creating a Pull Request in a Fork...

There's also a Feature request you might be interested in, you can find it at  Make it possible to configure default destination. You can vote for it to increase its popularity, leave a comment or watch it to receive updates.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events