Is it possible to make Stash server read-only?

GeorgG March 10, 2016

Hi all,

we're currently migrating from an existing Stash (3.7.1) instance to our new Bitbucket Data Center (4.0.4) instance. We'd like to keep the Stash instance around in read-only mode for a while. Is is possible?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Georg 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Yes, just change the permission to read-only on each project/repository. 

0 votes
GeorgG March 10, 2016

Thanks Mikael. We're talking about roughly 600 repos here. I was hoping there was a central configuration item we could use for that. And then we could of course utilize the REST API to automate this. Any other suggestions?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2016

Yes, it would be nice of you could do it using a global setting, but currently the option is to do it on each repo or use REST API to do it, and in your case I would probably go with the REST API option. There is an issue opened for it, BSERV-2792, so maybe in not to distant future we will see this option.

GeorgG March 11, 2016

Thanks again, Mikael. I've upvoted BSERV-2792. We'll most likely go with the REST API option, then.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events