Is it possible to have zero default reviewers on PRs?

Chris Preston November 8, 2017

We've told Bitbucket we don't want any default reviewers but it seems to interpret that as "Add everyone as a reviewer" for new pull requests. Is there a way to stop it doing that? I literally want no default reviewers but make the PR creator add one of their own choosing.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Chris, apologies for the late reply! I'll respond anyway in hopes that it will help you or someone else :)

If you're using Bitbucket Cloud, the PR creator will be able to add any reviewer of their choosing as explained at Work with pull requests.

If you're on Server, you can @mention a person or add them as a reviewer as explained at Create a pull request:

Add reviewers – they will receive a notification by email. Other people who have permissions on the project can participate in the discussion if it interests them.

You don't have to use the default reviewers option in your case.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Ana

Chris Preston January 3, 2018

Thanks. I was asking because our server was still adding default reviewers even when we didn't use that option. However, since I asked it has become clear that this was a problem in our configuration. After making a chance it is now doing what I expected all along. I should have remembered to come back and answer my own question. :)

Thank you.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2018

No worries, Chris! Glad you figured it out :)

Have a good day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events