Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to associate a "Syntax highlight" mode with a file extension for a repo?

Stas Kolenikov November 22, 2017

I have an R language repository with lots of .Rmd (R Markdown) files, which I obviously want to view as Markdown in the online (CodeMirror) editor. Is there any way to make that association, maybe at the level of the repository?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Stas, you can do that at the repo level. If you're you using Bitbucket Cloud, you can find it by clicking your avatar > Bitbucket settings > Repository settings > Language. However, R is not listed there at the moment so you might want to consider submitting a Feature request at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/.

If you're using Bitbucket Server, you can find the instructions at Configuring syntax highlighting for file extensions. Depending on which version you're using, you might be affected by this bug BSERV-9915. If you need further assistance, let us know which version of Bitbucket Server you have. 

Hope that helps!

Ana 

stas_kolenikov November 27, 2017

Thanks, Ana - I am using BitBucket.org online only for this repo. The language in that repo was set to R (which is available as a language). I guess we are talking about different tools here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events