Is OAUTH supported in the "on-premises" Bitbucket Server?

Emmett Hogan January 11, 2018

Subject line kind of says it all.  I am trying to connect another app to Bitbucket via OAUTH, but all the OAUTH documentation that I find seems to be pointing to the cloud version of Bitbucket rather than an on-premises server.

We are running a tad behind on updates... we are still at v4.11. (Upgrading is one of the reasons why I need OAUTH.)

Is OAUTH supported in the on-site version?

Thanks in advance.

-Emmett

2 answers

1 vote
Yagnesh_Chawda May 16, 2019

Can it work to have OAuth for Jenkins + Bitbucket integration with Webhook for security?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Emmett,

OAuth is supported for on-premise instances as the Linking Bitbucket Server with Jira shows the Oauth link between Jira Server and BitBucket Server.  One thing to note is

Atlassian only recommends using OAuth authentication for application links, because of the greater security inherent with that protocol. We no longer recommend the Trusted Applications and Basic Access authentication types

See Link Atlassian applications to work together for more details.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Michael Abramovich May 21, 2019

Branden, your link doesn't answer the question. The most interesting part is hidden behind words "Complete the application link wizard to connect Bitbucket Server"

There is no wizard. There are just fields with Consumer Key and stuff like that. And not a single document reveals where it is hidden :-( 

Like Jasmina Dževlan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events