Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Integrating LDAP to Bitbucket cloud

Currently, I have to manage Bitbucket user in our team project by Excel file, so I have to input Bitbucket username, email address to this file. But sometimes they rename the Bitbucket username, then I get lost, so when they left, I could not find them to delete by username in "User on plan". Our team project has almost 400 users, so manage by this way is so painful .

Is it possible to intergrate Bitbucket with LDAP, when I disable account in LDAP, this account will be delete in "User on plan"? Last time, I can did that, cause all users have to user company email address, and from it we know the Bitbucket users, but this API has been blocked.

Could you share how you manage Bitbucket users also?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi,

It's not possible to integrate LDAP directly with Bitbucket. Bitbucket uses Atlassian accounts, which are used not just for Bitbucket, but also Jira, Confluence, Trello, Atlassian community and a number of other systems.

You can use Atlassian Access to improve user management, however, you will also need to have some way of exposing your LDAP to the internet, normally in the form of ADFS or Azure AD. If your company has Okta or some other identity provider, then this can also be used.

To sum up:

Cannot be done: LDAP <-> Bitbucket

Can be done: LDAP <-> Azure AD (IdP) <-> Atlassian Access <-> Bitbucket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,717 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you