Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Stash, how to make External URL in Windows Server

Glenn Patchen February 4, 2014

I might be a bit confused, but I'm gussing that I have to setup Stash on Windows server with an external URL so JIRA online can be integrated?

If so how do I setup Windows Server to allow external/public connections?

Or am I wrong that it doesn't need a public URL?

3 answers

0 votes

Actually, I just called into the support line and was told it would take a week for someone to call me back! WOW, I'm really not sure what to say?

Traditionally Sales is the fastest resonding department in a company and if sales takes a week to call back, that is PRETTY BAD!

As well, if this is a support person who is taking a week to return calls, then I'm really not sure how we could stay in business with a week turn around on our development platform!

I'm starting to think Atlassian isn't worth the hassles for a business development platform no matter how good it looks on the website!

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hi Glenn,

We have an amazing support team, although normally are mode of communication is through JIRA. I don't know who you spoke to?

Please try raising a ticket here (and you will hear back within 24 hours as per our SLAs).

https://support.atlassian.com/

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes

Charles, it is starting to sound more and more like it is best to self-host all the Atlassian products. It sounds like you have less features and it is more expensive if you do the OnDemands?

Also, I'm having a bit of trouble determing the exact cost? Is there a support line that I can call to get someone's help?

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hi Glenn,

Are you talking about integrating Stash with an OnDemand (public) JIRA instance? You might be interested in this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Integrating+JIRA+OnDemand+with+Stash

We talk about Apache there, which is one option, but otherwise you would need/want a proxy server that JIRA can see, which then forwards the HTTP requests to Stash. This doesn't have to be public unless the JIRA server is not behind your firewall, and if it is you might want to add some IP whitelisting. It depends entirely on your network layout and configuration though.

The important thing is that JIRA and Stash can communicate via HTTP/HTTPS.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events