cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Stash: Cannot open the stash install wizard

Ji Hoon Kim May 21, 2015

Hello all,

I have been trying to open the address : http://localhost:7990/

However, I am met with a "This webpage is not available: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" on my Chrome Browser to set up Stash.

I see a "Success! You can now use Stash at the following address:" message, but I still cannot access stash.

I checked the logs within the Stash_Install_Dir/logs directory and here is the message I am given:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
21-May-2015 11:31:17.306 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [/home/andy/Documents/stashData/lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
21-May-2015 11:31:17.309 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [/home/andy/Documents/stashData/lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
21-May-2015 11:31:17.635 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [/home/andy/atlassian/stash/3.9.1/conf/server.xml]
21-May-2015 11:31:17.639 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [/home/andy/atlassian/stash/3.9.1/conf/server.xml]
21-May-2015 11:31:17.639 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.

Some insight would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Hi,

looks like your service user with which stash is running has no full access to /home/andy/* can you check that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events