Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinite redirect loop only when logging into BitBucket

Viewing page 2 of 2

34 answers

0 votes
Matt Hotstone October 17, 2018

Hi @Ana Retamal are there any plans to fix this?   I currently have no access to my repositories on any device except one that happens to be still logged in to the account (and which I'm too afraid to log out on).  It appears that once it gets into the infinite loop, it doesn't matter what browser/device/network I use to access Bitbucket, it goes into the loop.  

I've tried logging out on id.atlassian.com as suggested above, but it doesn't work (and whenever I return to id.atlassian.com I'm logged in, even though I'm not logged into Bitbucket).

-Matt

0 votes
Sascha Held September 18, 2018

I'm also experiencing this issue. Safari 12 running on Mac OS Mojave - unable to sign in. 
When i'm using chrome on the same machine, it works just fine.

0 votes
Cameron Elliott September 15, 2018

Same problem here, login attempt infinite loop, probably cookie related.

It would make sense to hire someone to capture your IP/TCP traffic to your web servers and debug and fix this issue.

0 votes
Sam Bosell August 30, 2018

Same issue.  Atlassian, you have some authentication problems.  First, I can't even logout, the following error message appears when I attempt to log out:

We could not determine the authenticity of your request, please try again.

So, I delete all the cookies to log myself out.  I have several accounts connected to bitbucket (appveyor/etc) but when trying to login it goes into an infinite loop (after entering my credentials) saying "Open ID transaction in progress".  This has happened on appveyor and other sites.  Can you please provide a solution or fix this issue.

0 votes
Gustavo Garcia August 27, 2018

Same issue here. Is it possible to delete the account, so I can re-create it from scratch?

0 votes
mabulous August 20, 2018

I have the same problem. I can't login with my team account, and my personal account (which I had to upgrade to an atlassian account) says it's not connected to any team.

How can I resolve the infinite loop issue and access my repositories?

0 votes
Holmes Chuang August 12, 2018

I also am having the same issue. I got a blank page and the header keeps flickering "OpenID transaction in progress...." in the loop. Please help!

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2018

Hi @Leandro Anjos, I've searched your email address but I couldn't find any Bitbucket account associated to it. Would you mind sharing your username?

Alternatively, you can submit your message using the same Atlassian account that is linked to Bitbucket, so we can have a look at it. 

Anyway, before continuing, make sure the account you're trying to log in to is not a team account, in that case you'll need to follow the same steps I added for Irwin.

Hope that helps!

Ana

City Form Lab October 17, 2018

Hi Ana, I am also facing an infinite loop problem trying to log into bitbucket. It seems like this is a broader issue? How do we get in? My email address for the account is asevtsuk@alum.mit.edu

Andres

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

Hi Irwin, welcome to the Community!

Are you still experiencing this? Can you share more info with us to help us troubleshoot this issue?:

1. What browser are you using? Have you tried a different one?
  2. Can you clear the cache and/or try an incognito window and let us know what happens?
  3. Have you tried a different network? Does the issue persist?
  4. Can you send us a screenshot of the error you get?

Kind regards!

Ana

irwinbilling July 20, 2018
  1. Tried in Safari on MacOS. Tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge on Windows 10.
  2. Cleared cache and tried incognito on Safari (MacOS) and Chrome (Windows).
  3. Yes. I tried it both at home and on a public network at work.
  4. The browser infinietly loops through the following URLs with the tab title saying "OpenID transaction in progress".
    1. https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/login/atlassianid/?next=%2F
    2. https://bitbucket.org/account/signin/
    3. https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/complete/atlassianid/?janrain_nonce=[lots of potentially private URL encoded information]
Like # people like this
Leandro Anjos July 26, 2018

@Ana Retamal i have the same problem here, can you help me ?

Like Filipposan likes this
irwinbilling August 4, 2018

@Ana Retamal

May I just get a drop of the git repositories hosted on my account? If this isn't possible..I may have to work around this by using the Bitbucket API to discover and clone the repositories..I'm hoping I won't have to do that. Hopefully, I won't face the same problems authenticating against the API.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events