Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Stash, should I setup one project with many repositories or use a one-project-to-one repository model?

Matt Evered September 23, 2015

I have three different projects.... firmware, iOS and Android. When setting up my Stash instance, should I have one Project with many repositories, or have a project for each (firmware, iOS and Android,) with their corresponding repositories? What are the positives and negatives of each?

1 answer

3 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Projects allow you to group related repositories together so if the three repos are related because the same folks work on all of them, then it makes sense to put them in the same project. If completely different people work on them then it would make more sense to put them in individual projects.

From the (git) client perspective it doesn't make a difference.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

+1

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2015

RIch nailed it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events