Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Bitbucket Issues to Jira

neepsnikeep November 21, 2017

Is it possible to create Jira Issues from Bitbucket Issues and update them vice versa?

I'm using Bitbucket Cloud and connected it with Jira. The main issue tracking is done in Bitbucket. Jira is only supposed to be an add-on for me as the admin as I want to get nice graphs to show them to the producer.

My problem:
Bitbucket issues don't show up in Jira. And even if they were, I doubt Bitbucket issues would notice edits done in Jira. But that's what I need and what I expected the DVCS accounts to update.

I did find the Jira Import Assistent. But Bitbucket projects don't seem to be expected. I'm not using "the one tracker we don't support", I use the built in issue tracker in Atlassian's own product that was advertised to work with Jira. And no, I don't use Trello with Bitbucket and don't plan to.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Katha, I'm afraid what you're asking is not possible. Also, Bitbucket issues won't show up in Jira. What this integration does is to show the development panel within your Jira issues so you can connect your commits, create branches, etc from Jira.

Hope that clarifies!

Ana

Mike Frizzell November 28, 2017

Ana, this feels like an appropriate thread to ask a follow-on question.

I have a handful of bitbucket repositories. Like Katha, I have a Jira Kanban/Sprint boards where we track issues. Some of the bitbucket repo's have Issue trackers as well - as that team is work exclusively in that repo. Based on your answer, this seems like a mistake. We should have instead:

1) Only track issues in Jira and have everyone work in that.
2) Close out all issue trackers in the bitbucket repo's
3) Have the team reference Jira issues (and not bitbucket issues) in commit messages.

Is this your recommended approach to multi-repo coordination? Or am I missing something?

Like neepsnikeep likes this
neepsnikeep December 19, 2017

Thanks Ana, that clarifies that I cannot use Jira. This causes the issue that issues cannot be sorted by more than one column to be to me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events