Imperted SVN repository contain lower case and number

Eugene Dvorkin November 15, 2011

I am trying to import dump file into svn repository but got error. I see names mismatched between dump file and my new project, but I can't create project with the same names in jira. what should I do? The problem is my current svn in not working any more. Is there a way to modify dump file?

Information

The table below contains contents of the dump_files subfolder in the WebDAV folder of your Studio instance.
To import a Subversion dump file into Studio, click the Import link next to the file that you want to import.

Subversion dump files to be imported must be created with the <tt>svnadmin dump</tt> command out of your Subversion repository. The importer will accept Subversion dump files zipped with <tt>gzip</tt> or <tt>bzip2</tt> utilities

In order to import successfully, subversion dump files must have a valid structure:

• At the root directory, there must be subdirectories with names matching all project keys of projects defined in Studio.
  • Under each of these directories there should be trunk, tags and branches subdirectories.
Last import result was: Error importing file "artstorWeb.dump.gz" at 11/16/11 3:30 PM:
Imported Subversion repository contains the following problems:
  • The following projects in the imported Subversion repository have no corresponding projects in Atlassian OnDemand: artstor4, ARTstorWeb
  • Studio Project ARTSTORWEB not found in imported Subversion repository
  • Studio Project ARTSTOR not found in imported Subversion repositor

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Wildner November 15, 2011

The problem is my current svn in not working any more. Is there a way to modify dump file?

If you open the dumpfile inside any Text editor, you'll notice that it's a plain text file.

You can edit information there to fix this naming problem, but it would be a "pain in the ass", even with a Search and replace feature of your textfile editor... :(

However, this would be the workaround possible, since Jira doesn't handle renaming Projects

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events