If my Mercurial repos are on a different machine from my Bamboo server how do I trigger a build on commit?

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

I am trying to set up a commit base build for a project on Bamboo. I am using a Mercurial repository.

My Mercurial repsitories are located on a linux machine. My Bamboo server is on a Windows machine.

Is it possible to access the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script from the hgrc file on the Mercurial machine?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2011

Ok, I just had to copy the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script to my linux machine where the repositories are located. Only issue I'm running into now is my hook doens't seem to be working to fire the script on a push to the repo.

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

What do you mean by "Is it possible to access the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh script from the hgrc file on the Mercurial machine?" ? What is the problem you are encountering?

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2011

The hook is always located on the repository host, there should be no problem with that.

You need to either write a batch file as your hook or install Cygwin. In any case, you'll need some kind of HTTP client (Windows wget or curl would be easiest) to trigger a build.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

Actually I think Jay have an opposite case - the Mercurial repo is located on the linux machine, not Windows one. In that case I think he just need to copy the postCommitBuildTrigger.sh to the Mercurial machine.

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2011

Ah, right. Anyway, it's not a problem. Bamboo is designed with that scenario (repository and server on different hosts) in mind.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events