Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I was looking to setup bitbucket on my private cloud?

ST QA I'm New Here Sep 17, 2020

Our organisation is looking for buying or setup your product . we want to clear the process of implementation with  the monthly cost and features. and guidance what is best for us cloud or data center

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Oct 17, 2020

Hi ST,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Considering the choice between Cloud and on-premise products is quite common these days.

Have you already checked the information on the comparison page?

Bitbucket Cloud and Bitbucket Server are similar products, both of which provide Git repository management abilities. The distinctions here lie in a couple of different areas:

Bitbucket Cloud is geared towards teams who want to get started quickly and do not need to worry about infrastructure and application maintenance. For teams who are not ready to invest in extra hardware upfront, Bitbucket Cloud is the default choice.

Bitbucket Server is for teams who are looking for more customisation and control. Bitbucket Server is installed in-house giving you the ability to control OS, database, etc. This distinction also allows users to integrate with internal LDAP systems and create custom layers of security around their source. For teams that need to keep their source code in-house, Bitbucket Server is the default choice.

As for the pricing I'd recommend you to review the pricing page.
In case you want to go with the on-premise solution you would need to add up costs for hardware, maintenance, staff (like a sys admin) and so on.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,869 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you