I want to create a repositary inside the same repositary like subrepositary.

saritha December 19, 2016

Hi Team,

I want to create a sub repo in the same repository and want to access in other project. Normally will use submodule for a repo, but is submodule will work for the subrepo also. If it is not please provide the solution for sub repo creation and access. For example I have a project A and project B in side Project B i have a temp Repo,now i want to create example repo inside the temp Repo and example Repo can be accessible from ProjectA if i create submoule for temp Repo.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

2 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2016

Why not use 2 repositories and have cross repository dependencies?

Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2016

Indeed. Note that there really isn't such a thing in Git as a "repository inside a repository". Git submodules are a solution you can use. They work by setting a commit from a separate repository that gets linked to as a directory in the current repository. Bitbucket Server's UI supports this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events