Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I stopped receiving bitbucket email notifications

Hi,

Lately I've stopped receiving any notifications from Bitbucket(not pull requests or any mentions). Could you please check this up?

Thank you,

Alexandra

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 28, 2022

Hi @Alexandra Strizhkov 

I found there was a bounced message in our system that was directed towards your email address. 

550: 550 5.7.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: ... address is marked as invalid. 2022-03-10T08:22:38+00:00

I'm not sure what would have caused this, but I have cleared this block on our side.  Try and see if you are getting new notifications now.  Should this happen again, you might want to reach out to your mail administrator for more information here. 

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks Andy! I'll check and update if this helped.

Thanks again, it did solve the problem!

Like Andy Heinzer likes this

Hello. I have the issue of not getting emails from Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket

Could you please help me resolve this problem. Thank You!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Apr 22, 2022

Hi @Steve Brewer 

I found an entry in our mail suppression for your address:

550: 550 5.1.1 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 2022-04-20T13:59:42+00:00

I removed this suppression from our side.

Andy

Like Steve Brewer likes this

Hello. I have the issue of not getting emails from Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket again.

Could you please help me resolve this problem. Thank You!

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team May 10, 2022

Hi @Steve Brewer 

I removed this entry again, it once more had an error of

550: 550 5.1.1 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable 2022-05-09T13:16:51+00:00

While this should allow mail to be received by you again, I think you are going to continue to have this problem.  I took a closer look at your MX records for your domain.  It appears that your domain has two different mail services on your MX records here:

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> agvance.net mx
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 2579
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;agvance.net. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
agvance.net. 3600 IN MX 10 inbound-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com.
agvance.net. 3600 IN MX 0 agvance-net.mail.protection.outlook.com.

;; Query time: 286 msec
;; SERVER: 10.104.240.53#53(10.104.240.53)
;; WHEN: Tue May 10 10:48:50 CDT 2022
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 147

I think what is happening here is that if your primary mail server (#0) is unavailable for any reason when we send a message, then the secondary (#10) handles the message.  Given the error message, that secondary service doesn't have your mailbox account on it, hence it cannot process the message we are sending.  In turn when our system sees that error message, your address is added to a suppression list so that we avoid trying to send messages to servers that reject them. 

I did a review of your domain and found several support tickets recently from your domain from users with this problem reported to us in the last few months.  I suspect that your mail administrator will need to adjust these DNS MX records and likely remove that secondary entry from the MX records for your domain to avoid this problem entirely.

Thanks for getting it fixed and for the information. I will pass it along.

Same issue here. My team is not receiving bitbucket notification anymore. @Andy Heinzer can you fix this for our entire team? Thanks in advance.

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Jul 12, 2022

Hi @Ankit 

I have removed the suppressions I found for users on your email domain.  I also came across a helpful guide that applies to you here.  Please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Unblocking-Office365-emails-for-Atlassian-Cloud/ba-p/1870108 in that article, Daniel explains how to configure office365/outlook to help prevent these kinds of errors in the future.

Thanks @Andy Heinzer

It works now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events