Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I stopped receiving bitbucket email notifications

Patrick Yee December 15, 2020

Suddenly I am not able to receive email notifications from bitbucket. My email address is patrick.yee@gmail.com.

Very much like https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/I-stopped-receiving-bitbucket-email-notifications/qaq-p/1088558. And the comment in that thread recommends us to report as individual questions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

Hi @Patrick Yee ,

I checked in our system and I found a hard bounce event for this email created on 14th December 2020 with the message

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces.

I assume that this was because of the Google outage that day. A Bitbucket email was most likely sent during the outage and we received a hard bounce event in response, which indicates permanent failure.

I went ahead and removed that event, you should be able to receive Bitbucket notifications from now on.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Patrick Yee December 16, 2020

It works now. Thank you very much for your help, Theodora.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
jlinn5732 December 16, 2020

Hi, @Theodora Boudale .  I'm experiencing the same issue, presumably due to the same gmail outage.  Would you mind removing the hard bounce event for my address (blackhawk5732@gmail.com), as well?  Thanks!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2020

@Patrick Yee , that's good to hear, you are very welcome.

@jlinn5732 , of course. I could see the same issue with your email as well. I removed that hard bounce event, so things should work as expected now (please feel free to let me know if that's not the case).

Joseph Linn December 16, 2020

Seems to be working now.  Thank you!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Merrilee Miller December 17, 2020

@Theodora Boudale would you check mine as well?

Email is: merrileeamiller@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
December 17, 2020

Hi @Merrilee Miller , I can see some hard bounce events in our logs for your email, earlier today. However, I see that most recent emails have been delivered, and it looks that the issue may have been resolved without my intervention. Could you please confirm if you have received most recent notification emails from Bitbucket Cloud?

Like Merrilee Miller likes this
Merrilee Miller December 17, 2020

@Theodora Boudale yes I have received some emails today. I have missed several emails for the past three days at least so thank you for confirming that the gmail outage was the issue. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events