I need help on SSH and Bitbucket

YEN JYORIKEI April 8, 2015

I've been trying to access a private repository to no avail. I've tried every solution I found online, but I still can't connect.

I have this problem. Every time I ssh-add.

image2015-4-8 23:21:0.png

This is my ssh -vT 

image2015-4-8 23:22:30.png

image2015-4-8 23:23:12.png

I'd appreciate any help. I've been having this problem for days now. 

4 answers

1 vote
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

The key worked fine here, but you don't need to specify your Bitbucket username in SSH connection attempts. Instead, use "git" as the username when connecting to a Git repo over SSH, and use "hg" as the username for Mercurial repos.

Yes, that what I was going.

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Sorry, the output looked like you'd specified "ssh -vT geekery@bitbucket.org". Either way, though, the key works fine here - otherwise you wouldn't get the "Authentication succeeded (publickey)" message. Are you getting a specific error from Composer?

YEN JYORIKEI April 9, 2015

My SSH key works fine. But I still get "Permission denied (publickey)" or "conq: repository access denied" whenever I clone the private repository. Either I use composer or manually clone it.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

If SSH authenticates succesfully with the publickey method, but git does not, that tells me that git must not be using the right public key. I don't think I can help any farther, good luck.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

I don't know anything about compser, but it will need to use git to clone the repository. If it can't/won't do that, you may need to put zip files of the repo in Bitbucket's "downloads" section. Anyway, it looks like Bitbucket is behaving as expected. You might have more luck with the question in a Composer forum.

0 votes

@Seth Well, I need to download a private repository via composer.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

Are you trying to SSH directly to Bitbucket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events