Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not see the history of commits

Вячеслав Симонов August 25, 2021

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Вячеслав Симонов ,

Since this is a public repository, I have been able to reproduce this error. I checked for further details in one of our systems, and it looks that the issue may have to do with the non-ASCII characters in the directories Номенклатура and ФормаЭлемента.

I have reached out to the development team to ask for confirmation on the root cause and I'll open a bug report when I have more info. I'll get back to you when I have confirmation from the developers.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Вячеслав Симонов,

I got confirmation from one of the developers that this is indeed a bug that occurs when there is a non-ASCII character in the file name or in one of the directories where a file exists.

I went ahead and opened a bug report for this in our issue tracker:

Until this bug is fixed, a workaround would be to rename the directories with non-ASCII characters and use a name with ASCII-only characters.

One option is to use the git mv command for this purpose, however, that will not show the history of the file in Bitbucket prior to renaming.

Alternatively, the git filter-branch command can be used for renaming, which will preserve the file history. Please note that git filter-branch will rewrite history, which means that the commit hashes of some commits will change. I have added examples with the git filter-branch command in the bug report if you'd like to use this option.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events