Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I didn't log in bitbucket for year, can't log back

Edited

What I think is : there’s a process that suspended my account because it’s been too long since I connected. And since the time I connected, Atlassian changed the Bitbucket subscriptions from free to a choice between free and paid. But now when I try to log in Bitbucket, the new way doesn’t recognize the old kind of account so it’s asking me for a new username… But when I enter my username, it sees that there’s already an account with this name… but there’s a bug that prevent the process to recognize that this account is mine…

<screenshot_removed>

I soon have to commit git changes and push them to the repository, then deploy them to productions sites.

I tried the Atlassian support but since it's a free Bitbucket account, they're referring me to the community (you) ...

I’m thinking about starting a new repository on Github instead of Bitbucket but I liked way more how bitbucket was working so if you guys think you can do something for me, I’ll be patient... :)  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @novativmedias,

The email you are attempting to log in with is an email alias of this account, which is why an attempt to log in with it prompts you to create a new account. Authentication in Bitbucket Cloud is possible only with the primary email address (email aliases are used for Git aliasing only).

If you remember the primary email of this account, you can try logging in with that email.

What we can do if you don't remember the primary email:

Since the email of your community account is a confirmed email alias of the Bitbucket Cloud account in question, I can make it the primary one, so you can log in with it. Please feel free to let me know if that's ok with you, I will then proceed with this change and let you know.

(Please do not proceed with the creation of a new account in this case, as then the email alias will be removed from the existing Bitbucket Cloud account, and we won't be able to help).

Just a heads up, I removed the screenshot from your post to protect your privacy.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Oh that would be very helpful if you could either send me an email to tell me what's my primary email is... or yeah, like you say, just change the primary email for the one I gave on the screenshot ( c*****t@.n**************om ).

Thanks for protecting my privacy, I haven't think about that at all.. haha sorry I was too much in a hurry.

Hi @novativmedias,

No worries, I understand! Thanks for the confirmation, I went ahead and switched the primary email of the Bitbucket Cloud account, you should now be able to access the account using the email from the screenshot you posted earlier.

If you'd like to see which email used to be the primary one, you can go to https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/email/ after you log in, it will be listed there as an alias (the old primary email has now become an alias).

If you need anything further, please feel free to let me know!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,242 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you