Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I cannot create a read only ssh key

Hello guys,

I'm trying to add a read only ssh key for a repository. I'm pretty sure there was an option when adding a ssh key to be read only but I cannot find it anymore. Do you now where is the option? If it was removed, any reason?

Thank you,
Pierluigi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Nov 10, 2020

Hi Pierluigi, thanks for reaching out!

Seems like you might be referring to access keys. It's possible to create access keys to allow a user or service to authenticate when pulling or cloning a repository over SSH, doing it in read-only mode. The way you'd create the SSH key is the same way as you'd create it for your account, but the following steps differ. You can find the instructions in the article Add access keys.

Let us know if that's what you were looking for :) 

Best regards,

Ana 

Hi Ana,

yes you are right. I'm referring to access keys. But If I go into the repository -> Repository Settings -> Access keys -> Add key, I cannot find the option read only. Here it is a screenshot. And after adding the Access key I cannot find a way to make it read only. I remember there was a checkbox to set the key as read only but I cannot find it anymore. 

Thank you,
Pierluigi
Screenshot from 2020-11-10 17-13-37.png

Hi Ana, 

any news about this issue? I cannot find the option "read only"

Thank you,
Pierluigi

Hello,

Oh ok, my bad. The access key is automatically read-only, I've got it.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,927 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you