I can't see all users in Branch permissions

xguntis October 15, 2021

This is how i grant the permissions:

Repository Settings -> Branch permissions

Then in write access I click on dropdown and want to select a user, but he is not there: 

The user I am looking for has Admin access to the repository

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2021

Hi, @xguntis

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I understand that when you click on the dropdown, the user you need to add doesn’t show up. Could you please confirm if you tried to write their name to search for this user? The reason I’m asking this is that the dropdown may not show all the users, but it should show you the user if you search for their name. 

In case it doesn't work even when you type the username, could you please confirm that this is happening only with this user? 

Kind regards,
Caroline

xguntis October 19, 2021

I already contacted the support and now I am not sure if they did something or I just had to type the user name. Pasting in the user name worked. 

I think it would be good if it would search by email also. The member's name was in Russian that's why i could not type it in.

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Hi, @xguntis

I’m glad to know everything is working as expected now.

About your suggestions to add the ability to search the users by email, you can either create a Feature request if you’d like that or let me know if you want me to open it for you. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

xguntis October 20, 2021

please you do

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2021

Hi, @xguntis

I have created the following feature request: 

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Kind regards,
Caroline 

xguntis October 22, 2021

Thanks, i added my vote.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events