I am trying to upgrade from 4.13 to 5.4.1

p October 26, 2017

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

• SpringMVC dispatcher [springMvc] could not be started

Hey guys , i am trying to upgrade from 4.13 to 5.4.1 and it didnt succed , but when i rolled back the code to 4.13 i am getting this above error. previously it worked fine with the 4.13 version.

can any one help on this..

-prashanth

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Prashanth, that error has been documented at Bitbucket Server can't be started and SpringMVC dispatcher could not be started. Did you have a look at that already?

Also, keep in mind that Bitbucket 5 is a major upgrade so make sure you read Bitbucket Server upgrade guide before continuing.

Hope that helps!

Ana

p October 27, 2017

Thanks,Ana for the link , let me do it again and will get back to you!

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Prashanth,

The error you're quoting is a very generic one that indicates that something else went wrong before it that prevents Bitbucket Server from starting. That said I'd look in the logs for any errors that occur after starting Bitbucket Server and look at them one-by-one to see what may be wrong.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

p October 27, 2017

Thanks christian, let me check!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events