I am trying to move from Stash to BitBucket? What would the best and easy solution to move the repositories from stash to bitbucket

Santoshi Makarla July 14, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

You just need to upgrade Stash to Bitbucket Server. It is like a normal upgrade you have done before but check out the upgrade guide for specifics when you do it from Stash.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html

0 votes

HI,

Thanks .But I am trying to replicate the repositories to Bitbucket as it is in Stash.how Can I do that through command line.Is it is possible?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2016

What do you mean by replicate. When you upgrade, the same instance becomes Bitbucket Server and all the repositories will still be available.

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for reply. We have Installed a Bitbucket Server already. Which is having No Project and No repositories. So what I want now is whatever repositories, I have in existing Stash Server. Want to Move them into Newly Created Bitbucket Server.  Can you Please provide me some Commands which I use to do same. Or any Clean Doc which I can follow for same.

Thanks

Santhoshi

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2016

You shouldn't install it separately. You should only upgrade your current Stash instance and it is described in the doc I shared earlier.

Make sure you have proper backups and test it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events