Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M not able to change users passwords only mine and Im the admin

cesarvega September 29, 2017

You cannot edit this user's display name, password or email address as they are stored in a read-only user directory.

Can you please show me how to fix the password my users can no login anymore or change the password 

7 answers

2 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Cesar, try creating a brand new directory connector from scratch.  Sync that one and then disable the one having issues.

Thanks for your help Peter I recreate the connection and now its working :)

Kashif Iqbal February 7, 2019

@cesarvega

Can you share the steps how you recreated the connection and made it work?

0 votes
Mayuri Sahare August 13, 2018

Hi,

When i was having this issue for almost a week, i tried the following steps:

1. First, I used link given below to change my administrator password and I logged in. I had to try to login multiple times as it was saying incorrect username or password and i had to enter the CAPTCHA code 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF56/Restoring+Passwords+To+Recover+Admin+User+Rights

2. After logging in, i used the suggestion mentioned above by @Peter DeWitt and created a new directory and synced it.

And thats it!!! My problem got solved :)

0 votes

Thanks guys the issue is resolve 

0 votes

Capture.JPGIm getting this and I think this is the issue  

an error Capture.JPG

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Hi Cesar,

If the user has changed the password in the directory (for example AD) and BitBucket is using a read-only directory he has to use the new password in BitBucket too.

If this do not work, you should contact with your system admin to change the user password.

Im the system administrator and I do change password but this dont work they still no getting access

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Did you try to resync the directory?

Not IM a little confuse I Have a JIRA and bit bucket account, the user directory is in JIRA I can do things like change password but not in the bit bucket account 

what is a re sycn how you can do it ??

Cristian is failing I did try the sync

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

Cesar, there are a number of causes for this and without more information on how your server is configured it will be hard to pinpoint.  However, it looks like you are feeding users from another location or directory (Crowd, AD, LDAP).  Depending on the source you may not be able to make changes to the users hence the read-only user directory message. You couls also check you user directory configuration on Bitbucket and make sure that the directory listed is not configured to be read-only.  You will need to log on with a local account.

-pd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events