Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view subversion externals in fisheye

Khai Do August 11, 2011

I have fisheye (Version:2.6.0 Build:20110606054705 2011-06-07) installed and have it scanning our subversion repository. We use svn externals in our repository but it doesn't show up when I browse to the folder that contains the external. I might just be doing something wrong. Can anbody tell me if this works in fisheye and how I could get it to work?

1 answer

1 vote
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2011

FishEye does not support SVN externals.
This was raised as a feature request a while ago in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-2693 but it was closed as "Won't Fix".

The only solution is to add the external repository as a separate FishEye repository.

Khai Do August 12, 2011

Can you please tell me how that is a workaround for viewing externals? I still won't see any reference from folders in repo A which has the link (externals) to repo B. I guess resolving FE-2693 as won't fix means that it's not on the roadmap for future fisheye releases?

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2011

Adding it as a separate repo will only show you the source of the external, there are no references.
So it's definitely not a replacement for externals.
As such my use of "The only solution (...)" was maybe not correct.

If an issue is resolved as "Won't Fix" it's indeed not on the roadmap.
You can always add your comment and vote to the issue to make it clear that this is important to you.
That's the beauty of an open issue tracker :)

Khai Do August 13, 2011

i will add my comment to FE-2693. but looks it looks like you can't vote on issues that have already been resolved.

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2011

I suggest you create a new issue.
Add in your description why the proposed workaround in FE-2693 is inadequate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events