How to use one Deployment Environment for multiple steps?

Joshua Nordstrom October 29, 2020

So, am deploying an application to S3 and Invalidating a cloudfront cache in my pipeline. I have the deployment to s3 and cloudfront invalidation in separate steps. both steps are vital parts of the deployment process and I would like them to be included in one Deployment with bitbucket. But, it looks like I can only specify one deployment per step.

Should I combine both S3 deployment and Cloudfront invalidation into one step?

Current bitbucket-pipelines.yml:

Screenshot 2020-10-29 115522.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2020

Hi Joshua and welcome to the community.

At the moment, I'm afraid that it is not possible to use a deployment environment in multiple steps.

If you need both of them to be part of the same deployment, then combining them in a single step would be the way to go here.

We have a feature request for what you are asking in our issue tracker:

I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the *Vote for this issue* link), as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the *Start watching this issue* link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates. When there is an update, it will be posted in this public ticket.

Please note though that we don't provide ETAs and implementation of new features is done as per our policy here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/new-features-744721668.html.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Joshua Nordstrom January 15, 2021

Thank you! I will upvote this feature request.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events