How to use multiple accounts management on one local repo

Kapcash May 4, 2017

Hello,

I'm working on a project using bitbucket with a small teams and we are facing troubles using a shared local repo.

We have a shared private bitbucket repo which works well. We cloned it using https on a virtual machine server where we all connect using ssh (with our own personnal ssk key). But the only one able to manage it is the one who cloned it. (I assume because the remote url is something like "username@bitbucket.org/<repo>")

We tried to set up the git config user.name / email but permissions are denied. So I gave a look at the Team management on bitbucket but we are facing the same problems.

Do you know how we can use multiple bitbucket accounts for the same local repo so that everyone is able to manage it?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

This isn't really a Bitbucket problem - it has to do with file permissions on the shared virtual machine. You'll need to do one of the following:

1. Have the original cloner, or somebody with admin rights on the VM, adjust file permissions on the local repo so that everybody in the group can do what they need to do. I can't help you with details on this, since it depends entirely on the specifics of the virtual machine and its operating system. This may also be very complicated to maintain on some configurations.

2. Give everybody their own VM, where they can clone, push, pull, and make changes as themselves.

3. Have everybody use their own system to work on the repo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events