Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip CI pipeline on push in bitbucket?

Sushant Pachipulusu August 11, 2021

We have a pipeline set up in our repo to a specific set of branches (defined using wildcards in pipeline) to trigger deployment on push command. Sometimes the developers might not want to run the pipeline for that specific push as they know that it will fail or it is not needed as there are more things to add in. In such cases there is not option to skip the pipelines.

I am looking at a push option like "ci.skip" or "ci-skip=true" which will make sure not to trigger the pipeline for that specific push. This facility/option is provided on gitlab, so I am looking for something similar or bitbucket too. As of today, if I try the same it throws below error

fatal: the receiving end does not support push options
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

Note: I am not looking for a commit level ci skip

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi @Sushant Pachipulusu

Welcome to the community.

I'm afraid we do not support push-level skip ci for Pipelines.
We only have the commit-level CI that you can add to your commit message to skip a Pipelines build.
The way how Pipelines skips a build is through Webhooks.
When Pipelines reads or validates that a commit message has the string [skip ci] or [ci skip], it will be ignored by Pipelines.

Right now, I've gone ahead and created a feature request for it that can be located through this link. - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21290
You can upvote and watch it for now so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the feature becomes available on Bitbucket Cloud.
Please do note that we don't have an exact ETA for the feature request as all new features will be implemented according to our policy here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Sushant Pachipulusu August 16, 2021

Thank you Mark for creating a feature request. Hope it will get accepted soon and will become a feature from bitbucket too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events