How to show a jira issue link in bitbucket commit

Deleted user March 18, 2016

Under "See issues related to commits and pull requests" on Integrating Bitbucket Server with Atlassian Applications it shows a link to the JIRA Issue. 

We have linked our JIRA Server and Bitbucket Server as indicated, but these links are not shown.  From the JIRA side we see the commits.

How can we activate this function in Bitbucket?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2016

There's no need to activate it. If you say you linked JIRA and Bitbucket from within JIRA's admin, then JIRA should have created linkification patterns inside your Bitbucket repositories of your Bitbucket team account which turn things that look like JIRA issue keys into links to your JIRA instance.

Have a quick look to see that you are indeed seeing the linkifiers (Repository Settings -> Links -> Configured links).

If they're not there (and the repo in question is owned by the Bitbucket team account that JIRA was linked to), then you may want to contact support at support@bitbucket.org so we can take a closer look together to see where things went wrong. If you do so, please include a screenshot of a page that shows a JIRA issue key that you expected to see linked.

Deleted user March 22, 2016

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the repository settings and they were not yet configured.  I assume I will have to do this for each repository individually?

This however, did not bring the desired result.  Our Users were expecting something like:

image2016-3-23 7:39:34.png

but what we see is:

image2016-3-23 7:40:28.png

The Links ARE there (even before I activated the "link" in repository settings, but under Message, not in it's own column.  (The above is w/out the link activation, below one with).

image2016-3-23 7:42:56.png

Like Jayashree bai likes this
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2016

Bitbucket Cloud does not have a column for issue keys. Instead they are linked in-line in the commit message. If you would like to see that changed, please raise a feature request

Deleted user March 23, 2016

Thanks.

Ovidiu Gabriel December 16, 2018

How are issue keys inlined? What is the syntax? I just used PROJNAME-1 but it didn't worked.

0 votes
Jonathan Demeyer January 19, 2018

I tried to show a Jira issue link in bitbucket commit (DUM-1 and DUM-2) and it hasn't worked.

I had to link a 2-cijfers issue (DUM-10) for the pattern to be detected and then, magically, DUM-1 and DUM-2 were also detected.

Joris Weimar March 15, 2019

2-digit

0 votes
Jonathan Demeyer January 19, 2018

support@bitbucket.org is not usable anymore. This is what I get when I sent them a mail

"

Greetings! It looks like you attempted to create a support request by sending email to this address. We no longer create tickets this way because we need more details to provide the best service. Please raise a ticket at Atlassian Support Portal and we'll get to work! You will need to provide your Support Entitlement Number to reach us. If you're a technical or billing contact we will show a list of your licenses from My Account when you raise a ticket. Otherwise you can find your SEN in the product. Alternatively, most Server product customers can raise a ticket from "Support Tools" in the administration area. This provides us with your support license and also helpful details about your installation. Cheers, The Atlassian Support Team

"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events