Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to setup codeoweners in bitbucket cloud

I would like to setup a codeowners.

We are using bitbucket cloud.

4 answers

We're considering to move our code to Gitlab because of this...

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 26, 2018

Hi Archana, welcome to the Community!

Can you elaborate a bit more what do you mean by 'setting up a codeowner' exactly?

Are you familiar with Bitbucket Cloud permissions? Is that something that would help you?

Best regards,

Ana 

Hi Ana,

Thank you for the response.

My requirement is that whenever any developer raise the pull request it should pop up with default reviewers.

There is one feature called default reviewers which is at the repo level.

I want to set default reviewers as more granular level.

To begin with at folder level.

e.g. I have one repo called Test and it contains backend and front-end code.

Now i need one set of reviewers for backend and other set of reviewers for the front-end. 

Thank You,

Archana

Like # people like this

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Github has had this feature for 2 years, and it looks like there's a plugin available for Bitbucket Server.

Like # people like this

Indeed, it's sad to not have this feature for so long, big companies cannot work properly in Bitbucket with the monorepo trend because of this.

This is also something my team is trying to do, "codeowner" is the term Github uses. If Bitbucket could support the same format of file that'd be awesome
https://help.github.com/en/github/creating-cloning-and-archiving-repositories/about-code-owners

Are there any roadmap plans to support this? We also really need this feature which has been in github for multiple years.

Any updates from bitbucket folks on this? Just trying to get an idea if it's being considered or whether I need to start looking at alternative providers. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,826 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you