How to setup Bitbucket Server as Cold standby?

Mike Andrewjeski December 28, 2015

I'm looking for documentation on how to set up a cold standby Bitbucket Server instance.

Any pointers?

1 answer

0 votes
Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

Other than the 'use data center' answer, you can attempt to use the same approach that it uses. You have to have the database accessible from both hosts and you have to synch the data directory.  Next you have to work out a scheme (dns or load balancer)  to have the traffic redirected.  Then fully test. 

Mike Andrewjeski December 29, 2015

Thanks Rich, I can synch the data directories, no bother. Am wondering though about connecting to Oracle. I've the active Bitbucket server up, however when attempting to migrate the database to Oracle on the standby Bitbucket box, I'm seeing the error: "The target database contains tables whose names collide with Bitbucket's tables. Please migrate to a clean, empty database." I'm missing something, certainly..

Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Have a look at https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/data-center (scroll down). The high availability for the database is handled by Oracle. The active and cold standby have to be identical in every way including that they connect to the same database and access the same data directories. You can do the data directories via network storage (or synch-ing them), the database by using 'database clustering technology' the page suggests.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events