How to run pipelines when a new Pull Request get created? Edited

Hi,

Here is my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f0327773953f086bc4990784b16e63a7

I'm aware that I can use branch workflow to tell Bitbucket Pipelines to only run the build and run my tests when a specific branch get new Git push from developer and I'm currently using it.

How to run the Bitbucket Pipelines when a developer submit a Pull Request from his/her branch to a branch specified inside the `branches` block of my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file?

For example, how to run the Bitbucket Pipelines when John submit his `awesome_branch` PR to `development` branch?

Expected behaviour:

- when John push his commits to `awesome_branch` to Bitbucket = I don't want Bitbucket Pipelines to run

- when John submit PR and set `awesome_branch` as source branch and `development` as target branch = I want Bitbucket Pipelines to run

I also noticed that Bitbucket Pipelines offer 'manual trigger'.

Assuming 'run Bitbucket Pipelines when a new PR get submitted' feature is not available yet, how do call the manual/custom pipeline from Bitbucket API?

I'm thinking to create a bash script to call the manual/custom pipeline but I couldn't find how to do it via Bitbucket API.

1 answer

I also noticed that Bitbucket Pipelines offer 'manual trigger'.

Assuming 'run Bitbucket Pipelines when a new PR get submitted' feature is not available yet, how do call the manual/custom pipeline from Bitbucket API?

I'm thinking to create a bash script to call the manual/custom pipeline but I couldn't find how to do it via Bitbucket API.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

421 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you