How to run multiple scripts for the same commit and have them combined in the Pull Request status?

James Wilson August 20, 2017

currently when reviewing a Pull Request it shows you the pipelines status with an icon and text, e.g. 1 of 1 passed.

I would like to run 4 tests simultaneously (only because pipleines is soooo slow and has limited memory) and have them combined in the summary, e.g. showing 4 oof 4 passed, or 2 of 5 passed, etc.

I know how to trigger a custom pipelines script from within pipelines using a curl command, but this does not result in a combined status showing all the tests grouped - which is essential when reviewing the associated pull request.

Much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2017

You've got the right idea how to approach this!

Defining a custom pipeline for each test you want to run, and then triggering those inside of the webhook-triggered pipelines is the way to go.

I'm not sure why it's not resulting in multiple build statuses here though. Can you paste in the curl command you're using to trigger a custom pipeline and your bitbucket-pipelines.yml (or an edited version of them) so we can look at this in more detail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events