How to run multiple scripts for the same commit and have them combined in the Pull Request status?

currently when reviewing a Pull Request it shows you the pipelines status with an icon and text, e.g. 1 of 1 passed.

I would like to run 4 tests simultaneously (only because pipleines is soooo slow and has limited memory) and have them combined in the summary, e.g. showing 4 oof 4 passed, or 2 of 5 passed, etc.

I know how to trigger a custom pipelines script from within pipelines using a curl command, but this does not result in a combined status showing all the tests grouped - which is essential when reviewing the associated pull request.

Much appreciated.

1 answer

0 vote

You've got the right idea how to approach this!

Defining a custom pipeline for each test you want to run, and then triggering those inside of the webhook-triggered pipelines is the way to go.

I'm not sure why it's not resulting in multiple build statuses here though. Can you paste in the curl command you're using to trigger a custom pipeline and your bitbucket-pipelines.yml (or an edited version of them) so we can look at this in more detail.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

22,797 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you