How to run Stash on Debian Squeeze?

Daniel Urstöger May 17, 2012

Hi guys,

I got a server running Jira and Confluence and it works like a charm with Debian Squeeze. For Stash I installed tomcat6 and updated git (manually), so I think the system now reaches the requirements. Still when I want to start Stash it doesn t load correctly, in the log files I get this:

Created MBeanServer with ID: -8c400u:h2cf92rg.0:seraph.gosi.at:1
18-May-12 12:59:26 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap initClassLoaders
SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.InternalError: One of the management beans is not compliant.
   at java.lang.management.ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(libgcj.so.90)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Bootstrap.java:183)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:92)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:207)
   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:391)
Caused by: javax.management.NotCompliantMBeanException: MBean is not compliant
   at mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.registerImpl(MX4JMBeanServer.java:818)
   at mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.registerMBeanImpl(MX4JMBeanServer.java:769)
   at mx4j.server.MX4JMBeanServer.registerMBean(MX4JMBeanServer.java:753)
   at java.lang.management.ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(libgcj.so.90)
   ...4 more

Maybe somebody can give me a hand on how to fix that? I googled the error a bit, and found entries like this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/447289/problem-creating-a-tomcat-6-server-in-eclipse-form-ubuntu but nothing hasn t helped so far :(

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

The Support Issue was resolved.
Switching from GCJ (GNU Compiler for Java) to Oracle JDK was the solution.

0 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

Hi Daniel ,

Please create a support request under http://support.atlassian.com. Our support team should be able to get you up and running.

Cheers,
Jens

seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2012

Hi Jens,

thanks, I was already looking into that, but the selection menu doesn t has "Stash" as product, so under what section shall I report this problem?

Greetings,
Daniel

Thanks, I just created a ticket there :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events