cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict access of Jira to a Stash project / repository

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

I want to set up a connection between one JIRA project and one Stash repository (perhaps the whole Stash project). Preferably, I would like to make it seem like the other server does not even exist for all the other JIRA projects and Stash projects/repos.

The application links on both sides seem to be global.

How can I restrict JIRA's access to a Stash project or a repository? (And preferably also restrict Stash's access to only one JIRA project.)

3 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

Stash 3.7.1 :)

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2015

Hi Balazs,

JIRA will only show in its tickets the contents you decided to link, i.e. commits from Stash by specifying the JIRA issue key in the commit message, or branches created in a repository from a JIRA ticket, for instance. Could you please clarify in which way you expect this restriction to work, i.e. what actions you are intended to perform for which you would like to restrict what informations are shown?

At first one thing I was able to think about was when creating a branch from JIRA in a Stash repository. In this case I wonder you may only want to have a specific repository/project listed. In this case I think you could control this by playing with Stash permissions, so the user creating this branch from JIRA wouldn't be able to create a branch in a repository for which he doesn't have write permissions:

Please let me know if I am in the right path.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2015

Preferably, I would like to make Stash completely invisible from all other Jira projects. The Jira belongs to our parent company and it hosts projects for many daughter companies. The Stash instance is ours and I do not want anybody else to access it. Also, I would prefer not to give others UI elements hinting to a Stash instance, because it might be misleading. I hope this gives you the idea.

Kevin Moody May 11, 2015

I would also like to figure out how to do this, for different reasons. In our case, I don't want forked repositories to be seen in Jira. Forked repositories will have all of the same issue id's in commits and multiply the commits shown in Jira's development frame. It isn't a matter of just creating branches from Jira, it is a matter of confusion, when there is one blessed repository that we release from and several forks where development of features may take place.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

JIRA 6.0.5 and Stash 3.5.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events