How to restore a deleted repository including the database data?

SCCM Admin May 21, 2017

Hello,

we do nightly backups of our repositorys in Bitbucket Server using the backup-client. With this Backup we can restore the whole bunch of repositorys including the database data.

But: how can we restore a single repository including the database data? If we restore the Backup in a separated instance we could get the repo-files from the filesystem but which parts of the database should be copied back to the productive Database? Which tables are affected? Which rows should be copied?

Is there a kind of SQL-Script that extracts and dumps all databasedata for a single repository?

ronald

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

Hi Ronald! Restoring restore a deleted repository including the database data is not currently possible. 

We have a Feature request for that and you can find it at BSERV-4586. You can vote for it, add a comment or watch the ticket to receive future updates. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Ana

SCCM Admin May 22, 2017

Hello Ana,

thank you - I voted for the Feature request and hope that it will be fixed so that we can do backups and restores on the level of Repositories.

ronald

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2017

Glad I could help, Ronald :) 

0 votes
Ferenc Bajza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 31, 2023

Hi!

So 6 years later, is this still not possible?

Thanks,

Ferenc

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events